Nikon Forestry Pro
The measure of excellence
Acclaimed throughout the world for superior optical technologies and leading-edge design, Nikon takes pride in delivering innovative products of the very highest quality.
Nikon's Laser Rangefinder lineup features a variety of models to choose from, each instrument perfectly suited to its particular purpose.
The Forestry Pro is the enhanced model of the Forestry 550 Laser Rangefinder. This widely used and praised forestry industry specific laser rangefinder is now equipped with three-point measurement capability to meet market demands. This newly added function enables a user to obtain the height of a tree even when the top or base of a tree is blocked by branches or bushes, preventing the use of conventional separation measurement where the laser beam is required to reach those points.
Full description & specifications on the Nikon.com web site...
- Measurement range: 10-500 m/11-550 yd./33-999 ft.
- In addition to actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation (difference in height between two targets) measurement functions, three-point measurement (height between two points) is available
- The results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external panel displays all results simultaneously.
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
First Target Priority mode displays the distance of the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthest subject — useful in wooded areas.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright, clear images
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 20 seconds)
- Waterproof (up to 1 meter for 10 minutes) but not for underwater usage; the battery chamber is water resistant
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C